LilySlim Weight loss tickers
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Intellectual Lull

This time of year is always bittersweet for me and I'm not just talking about the skyrocketing temperatures. Graduation. Something I have yet to ascertain. I didn't take any classes in 2009. The 2008 fall semester ended with the passing of David's father and I knew he needed me. Just a few months' later I found out I was pregnant and knew I didn't need any additional stress. But now I've got the itch.

Life isn't going to get any easier anytime soon; things aren't going to slow down. This is going to be another big year for us but I'm determined to get my foot back in the door. I've always loved learning and miss challenging myself. Especially now that I'm taking upper-division courses. It's nice to know you chose the right degree! The COMM classes I've taken so far are a perfect fit!

Soon it will be time to transfer back to UT. I look forward to it. I'll never forget the day I withdrew. I don't think my head could have hung any lower. But I was pregnant, trying to give all I had to the relationship I was in, and knew I needed to trade my schoolbooks and designer duds for diapers and bottles. I don't regret my decision at all. I withdrew in September of 2004 and was taking classes by May- just a couple of months after Emma was born. I took another semester or so off when I started my job and was living on my own for the first time. But then I got back in right before I met David. He was very supportive of my goal and helped me in the evenings w/Emma so I could study.

So basically I've been going off and on since 2005. I love where I work and am very lucky to have had this opportunity! God was definitely watching over me and had a plan for Emma and I! So just because I complete my degree that does not mean I'll be looking for a job. I just have to do it for me, and I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment